Mother’s Load specialises in the placement of au pairs, facilitators and tutors with mainstream, remedial and special needs families. Below are current positions we are working in the traditional placement manner with families who would prefer not to go the online route. Please e-mail us or send us a message via the online messenger service to express your interest in a particular position and we will review your profile.
Please be sure that you have completed your full online profile when applying. For more information please go to to our candidate information page.
Over the past few years we have placed a number of teachers with this little school and have developed a wonderful working relationship with them. It’s the perfect opportunity for a young teacher to get to grips with their chosen path and gain invaluable experience.
A wonderful, small remedial school in Randpark Ridge is looking for a Grade 2 teacher to start January 2020.
Completed B.Ed Foundation Phase, with at least two years’ teaching experience, with particular interest and experience working with remedial children
Or a teaching student in second year or higher
•A wonderful opportunity to make a real difference in a small and nurturing environment
07h00 to 14h00 four days a week and 17h00 one day a week on rotation with other teachers
Please include an overview and introduction of yourself and why this particular position would be of interest to you. We love to hear what motivates potential candidates to work with and assist children who experience barriers to learning.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R8,000.00 to R10,000.00 /month
- Family require a mature candidate to look after two very busy and active boys in the afternoons
- Female candidate that is suited to a governess type role to organize, structure, make lists, shop, cook, manage routine and assist with managing the household
- A no-nonsense person but who is warm and loving
- Be passionate about and sensitive to children
- Experience working with remedial children and understanding of anxiety and its affects on a child
- Excellent driving skills
- Someone agile enough to engage in fun and active play with the boys
- Reliability and dependability is key
- Must be able to oversee and assist with homework where necessary
- Assist with shopping / groceries and some management of the household
- Be able to cook healthy meals
- The boys are 4 & 6 years old and will attend different schools in 2020 but both very close in proximity to each other
- Experience working with children that have remedial challenges will be best to assist the oldest son who suffers from anxiety to a point where it affects his learning
- The ideal au pair will be someone who has an educational qualification/ background / understanding and who has an understanding of anxiety and how it affects behaviour.
- While the oldest boy is a big consideration, the right person will balance their time well between the boys – often children who have particular remedial needs are attended to at the expense of their siblings and this can’t be the case
- Reliability is a key issue for the family
- They want someone who will create structure, routine and stability in the afternoons and who is fun and will play sports with the boys in the garden as well as other fun age appropriate activities
- While the duties are standard au pairing ones, additional requests will include shopping for healthy food/snacks for the boys and preparing and cooking supper
- Own reliable / roadworthy transport and valid SA Driver’s license
- Energetic individual to be able to keep up with two young and very active boys
- Clear credit and criminal record not negotiable
- Minimum 2 years au pairing experience
- Female or male candidate
- Tuesday: 13H00 – 16H00
- Wednesday: 13h00 – 16h00
- Thursday: 13H00 – 16h00
- R6000 – R7000 per month plus petrol
- NB: Remuneration is determined by candidate’s level of experience and qualifications
- Required start date: 1 February 2020
- We placed with this family 2 years ago and now our candidate is headed off to pursue a career in line with her studies. They have been a lovely family to work with.
- Role requires an active and engaging au pair to manage three children aged 7, 5 and 3 years old
- Both mom and dad work in high powered corporate jobs but mom’s is more flexible and she is very strict about getting home at 17h00 to be with the children
- Responsibilities to include but not limited to school collections, extra mural lifting, preparing snacks and lunch, supervision of any homework and some home admin such as grocery shopping if needed
- Own reliable and roadworthy car
- Valid SA driver’s license
- Female only
DAYS & TIMES REQUIRED
- Monday – Wednesday 12h30 – 17h00
- Thursdays on occasion but by arrangement ahead of time if mom traveling
- R6500 plus petrol (R4.50 per km)
- Three children (ages 10, 8 and 4)
School lifts, take to extra murals, assist with homework
Ad hoc during school holidays
The family have a super au pair that we placed with them 2 years ago. She is wanting to find a job focusing on what she’s is studying and therefore will be leaving the family
There is ad hoc work during the holidays as they do go away and the family has two helpers at home too. They are very chilled kids and are well behaved. They don’t have many sensitivities, are very creative and amuse themselves mostly
- They need at least one year’s commitment
They are looking for someone who is strong, loving and engaged, with no drama! Down to earth, reliable (very important). They can’t have any last minute changes as its difficult to find someone at a moment’s notice.
An individual who is younger, energetic and with loads of energy.
- Own reliable vehicle and SA driver’s license essential
- Non smoker
- Ages 23 to 30
- Female only
DAYS & TIMES REQUIRED
17.5 hours per week:
- Mondays 12h30 to 16h00
- Tuesdays 12h30 to 16h30
- Wednesdays 12h30 to 16h30
- Thursdays 12h30 to 16h00
- Fridays 12h30 to 15h00
R6 800 plus petrol allowance (total package around R7 500)
- Over the years we have placed 2 au pairs with this family, both of whom have been very happy with them. They both secured opportunities to study overseas and the current au pair has been with them for 3 years.
- Family looking for a live-in au pair for 2020
- Four children (13, 12, 9 and 8), although au pair will only need to assist with two children at a time as the family does have additional help from grandparents being very hands on, as there is a lot of driving to and from extra murals.
- Babysitting will be with all four children at an hourly rate in addition to basic.
- Au pair must be present and engaging with all children.
- Duties include: Fetch from school, take to extra murals, homework support, outings, run family errands, prepare healthy, balanced meals, assist with bedtime routine
TIMES & DAYS
Mondays to Fridays – 14h00 to 18h00
Occasional baby sitting
- SA driver’s license, own car and excellent driving history essential
- Non smoker
- At least two years’ au pair experience. This is not a child carer or nanny position. Au Pair experience essential
Salary plus petrol and accommodation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R6,500.00 /month
We have various tutor positions for both high school and primary school students. In particular looking for the following:
- High School – Maths, English, Afrikaans and Science
- Primary School – preparation for cycle tests, particularly Grd 7